Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Welcome to my world!!!

Hellooooooo out there to everyone in blogosphere. I'm not quite sure who will be reading this blog, but for those of you that stumble across this page WELCOME to Drey's Palate Teasers. I've been wanting to start a blog for quite some time, but never got around to doing it until now.

This blog will feature my favorite thing in the whole wide world: FOOD!  I guess you could say, I'm somewhat of a foodie. I love treating myself to a good meal. I never need an excuse to go out there and find something AMAZING. I spend most of my free time reading other food blogs, and reading reviews of up and coming restaurants. I always make it my business to know these types of things. My boss always tells me that I missed my calling, but I'd have to disagree. As much as I love food, I'm not the best cook in town. I have a few dishes that I have OWNED, but like everyone else, I'm my biggest critic. I'm constantly trying to improve my own cooking by trying new things. My husband doesn't complain, so I guess I shouldn't either. I love how food brings people together and how one bite can turn into an adventure.

Anyhow, for the past few years, I've kept a collection of pictures that are stored away on my hard drive (just waiting to be seen). I figure...why not start a blog and showcase all the wonderful goodness that has allowed me to continue my love affair with FOOD.  I truly believe that every experience in life is so much better when you have someone to share them with...so with that said...I'd love to share my world with you. 

Here are a few of my favorite things (click on name for more information):

Quality Seafood: Fresh Sea Urchin
Bouchon : Chicken & Waffles (Roasted Chicken,bacon & chive waffle, Tahitian vanilla butter & Chasseur sauce)
Bouchon : Moules Frites
Providence: Santa Barbara Sea Urchin (served in a farm fresh egg, champagne beurre blanc, & fine herbes)
Chiba Restaurant: Jyo Chirashi
Chiba RestaurantOyster, Uni, and Quail Egg Shooters
Bea Bea's: Oh Em Gee (Hawaiian Bread French toast w/ cinnamon honey butter)
Mitsuru Cafe: Best Imagawayaki EVER!
Grill 'Em All Truck's: Dee Snider (Peanut butter, Jelly, Bacon, Sriracha)
Mario's Peruvian Seafood Restaurant: Lomo Saltado w/ a fried egg on top
Mario's Peruvian Seafood RestaurantChoros A La Criolla











This month I get to cross three restaurants (Asanebo, Culina, and Bashan) off my ever growing list of places to eat. I'm super exited. Stay tuned for more of my dining adventures!! 

Thank you...come again! 

Drey


" I have long believed that good food, good eating is all about risk. Whether we’re talking about unpasteurized Stilton, raw oysters or working for organized crime ‘associates,’ food, for me, has always been an adventure." —–Anthony Bourdain












2 comments:

  1. yaaaay!!! welcome to the blogger world! gen started one too...we can have cousin blog sessions lol :) it'll be a fun journey, trust me.

    Abs
    www.AbsofCakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Drey... It all looks sooooo good! I look forward to going on your journey. Who knows, maybe one day I will join you. Good luck, good eating, and happy trails. Your pal Ronnie

    ReplyDelete