Saturday, February 19, 2011

Acupuncture & Cheesecake

Body and Soul Acupuncture

MaxHealth Center

6200 Wilshire Blvd Ste 805
Los AngelesCA 90048

Le Petit Cheesecake
818.279.2757
Email: contact@lepetitcheesecake.com
www.lepetitcheesecake.com


Today was a good day. I had Acupuncture & Cheesecake. Need I say more?? Okay! Okay!! Let me explain.

My sister did a little online research last week and found  Body & Soul Acupuncture . They were advertising a special on Yelp for new patients ($125 for 3 sessions).  Since I was feeling under the weather last week, I was easily talked into getting acupuncture. I heard it does wonders for the common cold (among many other things) and after one session with Antonio at Body & Soul, I instantly felt better. I couldn't believe how fast the results were. Prior to my visit, I couldn't breathe for days, and then all of the sudden my sinuses were cleared up. It was insane. I immediately made an appointment for this week, and went again today. I still can't get over how good I feel after each session, and how energized I feel for days to come. It's amazing. My stress level is more manageable, and that's huge for me. I'm totally in love with acupuncture. I think that it's important to get a tune up every now and then, and this is the perfect way. Antonio really knows what he's doing. I left his office super relaxed and a little hungry. Luckily I had something good waiting for me. =)

So this is where the cheesecake comes in.  A few months ago I saw an offer from Living Social for Le Petit Cheesecake and I couldn't resist buying their deal. For $22 you get 16 Mini Cheesecakes, which normally cost $30. I had a $5 discount in my Living Social account, so my cheesecake offer just got a little sweeter for only $17. Woo Hoo! I knew one day I would have a craving, and that day was today. I made the order a few days ago and the owner delivered the yummy goodness to my office. I knew that my family would love these little gems, so I brought them over to my mom's house to share. After acupuncture and dinner (my sister made her famous chili...I'm sad that I didn't snap a photo to share with you)...we had Mini Cheesecakes and they were delicious. After a long day at work, I can't think of a better way to unwind than to have acupuncture & cheesecake. Treat yourself to something good. You deserve it!!

The cupcakes were delivery to my office in this pretty box

Are you drooling yet??

I absolutely love small desserts

Left to right:


Au Chocolat - Cheesecake batter infused w/ delicious chocolate. The crust gets the same treatment and is topped off with the smoothest ganache and chocolate curls. 

Pamplemousse avec champagne - They use grapefruit juice and zest in the cheesecake, and top it off with a pink champagne whipped cream, and garnish it w/ delicious home made candied grapefruit peel. 

Myrtille - Original cheesecake with ripe and sweet blueberries that have been glazed with citrus. A sprinkling of orange zest enhances the flavors. 


Guimave - A chocolate cheesecake, graham crust, and smooth ganache topped with a delicious roasted marshmallow. You'll definitely want s'more!!






1 comment: