Sunday, February 13, 2011

Culina


Culina
@ Four Seasons Hotel
300 S. Doheny Dr.
Los Angeles, California 90048
310-860-4000




I don't know about you, but I'm totally guilty of signing up to get daily emails on deals in my local area. My email is flooded with deals from Living Social, Groupon, Yelp, Open Table, and Travel Zoo. Every single day I'm tempted to purchase a deal because it's so inexpensive. Of all the deals I've purchased, the one that I consider to be the best deal was the one I purchased from Travelzoo. 

I purchased a 5-course dinner for two at Culina which included two glasses of champagne, two grappa flights and a bottle of custom olive oil to take home. This would regularly cost $250 but for Travelzoo subscribers, it was only $89. That's insane, right? How could I pass up such a great offer? 

I bought this offer back in November and I had 6 months to use it. I chose to use it this weekend for a Pre-Valentine's dinner with the hubby. We like to avoid all the craziness of V-Day so we always have a nice dinner a few days before the actual day. When we got to Culina, we were a few minutes early. The hostess told us it would be a few minutes so we went to the lounge area and waited to be seated. A waitress immediately checked to see if we wanted a cocktail, and both the hubby and I ordered the Caipiroska. 

Caipiroska: a highball cooler of raspberries, due chardonnay vodka, lime, ginger ale

This drink was absolutely delicious. It was very refreshing. 


A few sips later, and the hostess was showing us to our table. This is where the magic begins:



Two glasses of Prosecco was included in the meal

Focaccia bread and Olive Oil
Olives & Marcona Almonds


Crudo Flight

Ahi Tuna, Ginger Oil, Coriander Seed, Lemon Salt
Hamachi, Orange, Star Anise
Loch Duarte Salmon, Caper Salt, Blood Orange


Mandarino

Wild Arugula, Shaved Fennel, Pomegranate, Hazelnut
Taggiasca Black Olives, Tanerine Citronette



Tagliatelle

Ragu Bolognese
Cirenga

Wild Stripped Bass, Tuscan Kale, Salsify
Roasted Blueberry Glassato, Lemon
Flight of Grappa & Limoncello


Jacopo Poli Grappa di Vespaiolo
Berta Grappa diNebbiolo
Marolo Grappa di Chamomile
Limoncello

Trio of Profiteroles

Espresso, Vanilla, Pistachio Gelato
Chocolate Sauce


At the end, they gave us a small sample of the olive oil they use in house.

The pictures that were taken were not the best of quality. I had a hard time fixing the setting on my camera, and I couldn't wait to eat the yummy food in front of me. Our dinner at Culina was pretty solid. Every single dish was so on point. I was very pleased with the meal, and would love to return to try the rest of their menu.They are definitely doing something right over there.









No comments:

Post a Comment