Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pineapple Easy Slicer

I love pineapple, especially when it's fresh. The hassle of cutting them has always discouraged me from buying fresh pineapples. In fact, I've spent a little extra money just to buy them all cut up. =) It's just easier that way.

One day, I was surfing the net (as I so often do), and I came across the "Pineapple Easy Slicer" at William Sonoma. I watched the video demonstration and I was sold. I purchased one, and it sat in my kitchen for a few weeks. I knew I'd put it to use eventually, and tonight was the night!!! I finally got a chance to try it out, and it was super easy. I was so excited about this new found glory that I had to take some picture and share it with you. 

My friends, there will be no more divets to pick out, nor any cores to cut out. Life is great! I vow from this moment on that I will never buy pre-sliced pineapple again. 


Cut the top off the pineapple.
Insert the shaft into the top of a trimmed pineapple, apply light pressure and twist the handle.
Pull pineapple out.
It's that EASY!!!
It leaves the core in tact.
You can use the outside of the pineapple for a cocktail
  or fill it up with some whipped cream and serve it with a fruit platter

You are left with perfect pineapple rings.
Add it to a cocktail or a burger. You know you want to. =)


1 comment:

  1. You can also fill the pineapple shell with some yummy pineapple fried rice for a pretty presentation!

    www.absofcakes.com

    ReplyDelete