Monday, February 14, 2011

Olive & Thyme

Olive & Thyme
4013 Riverside Dr
BurbankCA 91505
(818) 557-1560
www.oliveandthyme.com


Today I opened my email and saw "Olive & Thyme" featured on Tasting Table LA. I had read about this place a few weeks ago and it instantly caught my attention. Today, I got a chance to stop by to check it out and I must to tell you...it's a perfect addition to the area. I love the whole feel of the place. It's so warm and inviting. Everyone that worked there was very nice and helpful. My husband and I briefly met the owner, Melina, and she was just darling. 



This is the inside of the marketplace/cafe
I didn't have much time,  so I quickly scanned all their offerings and picked up a few things that caught my eye. Everything that was showcased looked delicious. I wanted it all, but here's what I ended up getting. 



Housemade Pickles, Bitter Sea Salt Caramels, Gruyere,  & Honey Almond Butter


We got to sample some of the housemade pickles (pickles, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, carrots, and bell peppers) before purchasing them and they were yummy. I think it would be a great side for a sandwich or even a great addition to a Bloody Mary. I especially loved the cute jar that it came in. Melina was kind enough to tell me that I could bring back the jar and get it refilled for a less expensive price. I'm definitely going to take her up on that offer.  When I got home I tried everything else, and I'm happy to report that they all tasted great. It was my first time trying the Honey Almond Butter and I'm sold. I can't wait to eat a AB & J sandwich for breakfast. 

I love finding great places like this in the local area. I can totally see myself stopping by with the hubby after a long day of work to grab a glass of wine, or a beer, or a cup of joe. They have it all here! I guess it depends on your mood. Oh I also got  a chance to look at the menu, and the braised short rib sandwich caught my eye. It comes with horseradish crème fraiche & caramelized onion on country sourdough. Sounds amazing, right? I know!!! Don't even get me started on the pastries/confections. Oh my goodness. Let's just say that I'll be visiting O&T very very soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment