Sunday, March 20, 2011

Twelve Centimeter Cake


Twelve Centimeter Cake
429 N Western Ave Ste 5
(corner of Rosewood & Western)
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323) 871-8393
 



I was reading reviews on Yelp the other day, and I came across a review about a bakery called 12 cm cake. I saw a bunch of pictures of french macrons (my fave) and other yummy treats, so as usual I "bookmarked" the place. It didn't take very long for me to check this place out. In fact, I went the following day after work. When I looked up the address, I knew it was only a few minutes away from my parent's house. I grew up in that area, so it shouldn't have been too hard to find the place. Unfortunately, its located in a strip mall and is not very visible from the street. I drove right past it, and didn't even notice it. I circled the block and found it on my second attempt. 


This is how it looks from the outside
Shortbread cookies, cake rolls, and Korean cheesecake

When I walked in, I was greeted by a sweet woman who was wearing a Le Cordon Bleu uniform. I didn't get a chance to get her name, but she was very helpful and knowledgeable about everything they were selling. She saw me eyeing the shortbread cookies and gave me a sample of the lemon flavored one, and I fell in love. I know I was there for the french macrons, but these shortbread cookies are amazing and packed with flavor. It's also served cold. 

My favorite shortbread cookie was Earl Grey 
Left to Right: Mango, Blackberry, Vanilla Bean, Green Tea, Earl Grey, Chocolate, and Lemon





There was not one cookie that I purchased that was bad, but the ones that stood out were Earl Grey, Mango, and Lemon. I'll definitely be back for more (and very soon). 
Shortbread Cookies

I was told that these cookies are good for 2 weeks as long as they are stored in the fridge.  That is...if they last that long. I  highly doubt it cause mine were devoured in less than 24 hours. 
Macrons: Chocolate, Olive Oil, Chocolate Banana, Mango, Lavender, and Kahlua & Cream

Although I came here for the macrons, the shortbread cookies totally took the prize. I loved the macrons but it didn't keep well, and the texture wasn't very good the following day. The flavors were on point, but I think this is something that needs to be eaten right away, which is fine by me. I'd definitely get more macrons from here. 
My favorite macron of the bunch was  Mango and Olive Oil
I also walked out of the bakery with cheesecake in hand =)
Banana Mascarpone Cheesecake
 The mascarpone cheesecake was very rich and creamy, and  the banana mixture and the soft sponge cake was a a good combination. Yum!






I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this place.Thank you Yelpers for always guiding me in the right direction. The shortbread cookies are perfect for a small gift. This is definitely going to be one of my "go to" places for yummy treats. 

2 comments:

  1. Omigod!! You have to take me here! Everything looks AMAZING and my mouth is watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abs....anytime cousin. The shortbread cookies are MONEY. Let's go after cousin brunch. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete