Sunday, March 27, 2011

Olive & Thyme Part Deux

Olive & Thyme
4013 Riverside Dr
BurbankCA 91505
(818) 557-1560
www.oliveandthyme.com



My husband and I decided to stay in the local area the other night, and ended up going to Olive & Thyme for dinner. I've been wanting to come here since my first visit last month. I remember seeing that they had a Braised Short Rib sandwich on the menu, and eating that was definitely my goal for the night. 

My husband and I arrived one hour before closing and it was pretty busy. I was happy to see that they were doing well. We ordered two Braised short rib sandwiches and two beers. My husband took a seat at the communal wooden table and waited for our food to come while I browsed around and looked at all the goodies. Before our dinner had even arrived, I had already purchased two tubs of marcona almonds, a jar of Tutto Calabria, and two Salted Caramel Budinos. I'm telling you....it's hard to leave this place empty handed. 


Braised Short Rib Sandwich $13
with horseradish crème fraiche & caramelized onion on country sourdough

If you love Braised Short Ribs, this sandwich is a "must try"! It is just so tender and juicy, and the horseradish creme fraiche is perfect. It definitely opens up your sinuses but its not overwhelming at all. I love this sandwich so much that I doubt I will be able to order anything else the next time I come here to eat something. As much as I like to try new things, I am very loyal once you have won my heart...and this sandwich did just that.

Another shot of the Brasied Short Rib Sandwich
Hofbrau Original $5
This was my beer. It was nice and light. It kind of reminded me of a Stella. 

Erdinger Champ $6 (or it could have been $8 - I don't remember)
My husband got this wheat beer. It was a German Hefeweizen. It would have been nice to have an orange slice with this beer, but he enjoyed it as is.  


Salted Caramel Budino $8
This was also another thing that I will make sure to get every time I visit O&T. Budino is basically pudding, and this is a damn good one. I have a slight fixation with salted caramel. Salty and Sweet is my favorite combination. You have to try it to understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment